- Watkins C.B., Erkan M., Nock J.F., Iungerman K.A., Beaudry R.M., Moran R.E., Harvest date effects on maturity, quality, and storage disorders of ‘Honeycrisp’ apples, HortSci. 40 (2005) 164–169.
- Watkins C.B., Nock J.F., Weis S.A., Jayanty S., Beaudry R.M., Storage temperature, diphenylamine, and pre-storage delay effects on soft scald, soggy breakdown and bitter pit of ‘Honeycrisp’ apples, Postharvest Biol. Technol. 32 (2004) 213–221. [CrossRef]
- Meheriuk M., Prange R.K., Lidster P.D., Porritt S.W., Postharvest disorders of apples and pears, Agric. Can. Publ. 1737/E (1994).
- DeEll J.R., Ehsani-Moghaddam B., Preharvest 1-methylcyclopropene treatment reduces soft scald in ‘Honeycrisp’ apples during storage, HortSci. 45 (2010) 414–417.
- DeEll J.R., Ayres J.T., Murr D.P., 1-Methylcyclopropene concentration and timing of postharvest application alters the ripening of ‘McIntosh’ apples during storage, HortTechnol. 18 (2008) 624–630.
- Fan X.T., Mattheis J.P., Blankenship S.M., Development of apple superficial scald, soft scald, core flush, and greasiness is reduced by MCP, J. Agric. Food Chem. 47 (1999) 3063–3068. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Watkins C.B., Nock J.F., Effects of delays between harvest and 1-methylcyclopropene treatment, and temperature during treatment, on ripening of air-stored and controlled-atmosphere-stored apples, HortSci. 40 (2005) 2096–2101.
- Jung S., Watkins C.B., Involvement of ethylene in browning development of controlled atmosphere-stored ‘Empire’ apple fruit, Postharvest Biol. Technol. 59 (2011) 219–226. [CrossRef]
- Tong C., Krueger D., Vickers Z., Bedford D., Luby J., El-Shiekh A., Shackel K., Ahmadi H., Comparison of softening-related changes during storage of ‘Honeycrisp’ apple, its parents, and ‘Delicious’, J. Am. Soc. Hortic. Sci. 124 (1999) 407–415.
- Wargo J.M., Watkins C.B., Maturity and storage quality of ‘Honeycrisp’ apples, HortTechnol. 14 (2004) 496–499.
- DeEll J., SmartFresh and storage of ‘Honeycrisp’ apples’, Compact Fruit Tree 43 (2010) 20–23.
- Baldwin B.J., Goodner K.L., Mattheis J.P., Brecht J.K., Response of four apple cultivars to 1-methylcyclopropene treatment and controlled atmosphere storage, HortSci. 40 (2005) 1534–1538.
- DeLong J.M., Prange R. K., Schotmans W.C., Nichols D.S., Harrison P.A., Determination of the optimal pre-storage delayed cooling regime to control disorders and maintain quality in ‘Honeycrisp’ apples, J. Hortic. Sci. Biotechnol. 84 (2009) 410–414.
- Ehsani-Moghaddam B., DeEll J.R., Correlation and path-coefficient analyses of ripening attributes and storage disorders in ‘Ambrosia’ and ‘Empire’ apples, Postharvest Biol. Technol. 51 (2009) 168–173. [CrossRef]
- Blanpied G.D., Silsby K.J., Predicting harvest date windows for apples, Cornell Coop. Ext. Publ., Inf. Bull. #221 (1992).
- Wright S., The method of path coefficients, Ann. Math. Stat. 5 (1934) 161–215. [CrossRef]
- Blankenship S.M., Unrath C.R., Use of ethylene production for harvest-date prediction of apples for immediate fresh market, HortSci. 22 (1987) 1298–1300.
- sBlanpied G.D., Bramlage W.J., Dewey D.H., Labelle R.L., Massey J.L.M., Mattus G.E., Stiles W.C., Watalla A.E., A standardized method for collecting apple pressure data, Cornell Coop. Ext Publ., Inf. Bull. #74 (1978).
- DeEll J.R., Khanizadeh S., Saad F., Feree D.C., Factors affecting apple fruit firmness – a review, J. Am. Pomol. Soc. 55 (2001) 8–27.
- Johnson D.S., The effect of flower and fruit thinning on the firmness of ‘Cox’s Orange Pippin’ apples at harvest and after storage, J. Hortic. Sci. 67 (1992) 95–101.
- Saei A., Tustin D.S., Zamani Z., Talaie A., Hall A.J., Cropping effects on the loss of apple fruit firmness during storage: The relationship between texture retention and fruit dry matter concentration, Sci. Hortic. 130 (2011) 256–265. [CrossRef]
- Morice I.M., Shorland F.B., Composition of surface waxes of apple fruits and changes during storage, J. Sci. Food Agric. 24 (1973) 1331–1339. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Leake A.L., Hoggett S.M., Watkins C.B., Solving the greasiness problem in Granny Smith apple fruit, N.Z. Orchard. 62 (1989) 24–26.
- Moran R.E., DeEll J.R., Murr D.P., Effects of preconditioning on the occurrence of postharvest storage disorders in ‘Honeycrisp’ apples, HortSci. 45 (2010) 1719–1722.
Volume 68, Number 4, July-August 2013
|Page(s)||323 - 332|
|Published online||10 July 2013|